Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You are Beautiful

So I went for a drive through the country this evening....Just listening to a little Gavin DeGraw (gettin ready for the big concert tomorrow night! Woo!!), praying, thinking, and enjoying the warmth of sunshine, the smell of fresh grass, and the feel of the wind in my hair.

I took a trip down memory lane. Some memories bringing a smile to my face, others bringing tears to my eyes. But all filling me with an overwhelming gratitude toward my great God.

I prayed that somehow God would use my life today...I didn't want it to be a wasted day. Seemed to be a silly prayer at the time, considering I was headed back home for dinner and then holing up for the night.

Well, waddaya know...I'm driving through downtown when I see an old friend that I used to play ball with in high school outside her house with her mom.

So I pull up...

And then I hear that not even 3 months ago, she was diagnosed with cancer and is going through radiation treatments now. She can't taste, can hardly eat, can't feel her left arm, and her face is misshapen because of the nerve damage.

Wow.

What a valley.

Some days she wakes up and wants nothing more than to cry. Other days she's so angry she just wants to throw things. Other days she just questions God...."Why?? Why me??"

She just wants her face back, she said.

And all I could think was:

Daughter..I've given you LIFE. I LOVE YOU. You are sooooo beautiful. Nothing on the outside could ever change that. I've not given you more than you can handle. Come to me. Let me comfort you. Rest in me. TRUST me. Have hope for tomorrow. For I can make so much GOOD come from this. My plans for your life are GOOD. Believe in Me. Stand on My Word, on My promises. I'll never leave nor forsake you, my child. You are soooo precious to Me. I LOVE YOU. You are fearfully and wonderfully made in My image. You are beautiful.

It was pretty overwhelming, to say the least.

We're all getting together for coffee tomorrow afternoon. I love how God works.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you for sharing that. Never ceases to amaze me how God can use what seems like an innocent day and humble us by the end. Great story.

    ReplyDelete