Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Walls

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

I came across this quote on a friend's facebook profile a few days ago and it's been on my mind ever since.

How many people do I know that are hidden behind walls like these?!

They're just DYING for someone to care enough to want to get past them...to do whatever it takes to break down those walls in order to find and love on the person that's inside.

I want to be that person that cares.
I want to love like that.
I want to seek out those hidden hearts.
I want to fight through the walls.

Lord,

Thank you for pursuing my own heart...

Thank you for breaking down the walls I had built around it...


Thank you for the *Freedom* that comes with being

Fully Known

&

Fully Loved


I pray for eyes that see souls that are lost without You

Souls that are crying out for someone to

Break down the walls...

To STAY through the fight...

To love them unconditionally...

To care to KNOW them.


Father, give me a heart that Loves like Yours...

Hands that reach out and touch the hurting...

Lips that speak Life ...

Feet that are ready to heed Your call...


Ears that hear what's behind the words...


And again...


Eyes that truly see.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment