Can I just say that I LOVE to hear Mainers talk.. :)
Well then...More updates on the trip....here we go!!
Thursday (yesterday):
After leaving here, we continued meandering through shops and driving around looking at homes, etc. until the rain let up a bit. There was a dense fog that settled in all day yesterday...and it was actually quite beautiful! Kinda how I pictured the Maine coast to be.
We drove to the lighthouse in Bass Harbor....raced up and down the stairs....explored the mossy forest around it, then headed to the main dock on Bar Harbor. Since the tide was low, we crossed the sand bridge over to Sand Bar Island and explored a little more over there...hiked .2 miles to the summit and made our contributions to the cairn. haha :) The island was GORGEOUS, and the foggy mist made everything seem almost surreal. I felt like I should be wearing rainboots, a cute trench coat, and a top hat while twirling an umbrella and doing that little jumping-heal-click thing....haha :)
Grilled cheese for din din. I made Em try it with tomatoes...mmmmmmmm!!!...but she wasn't too impressed. Shame shame.
I noticed a creepy car hanging around all day/night, and since I've seen too many scary movies and read "The Shack" not too long ago, I slept with my mace in my sleeping bag. Just in case. :) haha Good news: didn't need it. :)
Friday (today!):
SUNSHINE!!!! Wooo!!!!! It's about stinkin time!!!! This place looks TOOOOOTALLY different when a little light is shed on it! lol Too bad we had to be out of our campsite by 10. :( Packed up camp then took one last trip to the water and jumped around on the boulders. I'm a sissy, so i'm usually 10 steps behind emily while maintaining 5 points of contact at all times! haha We took some pretty cool pics until the crashing waves came a liiiiiiiiittle too close for comfort, then scurried back up to the car and headed out!
There's a shop in town called "The Man Store".......We keep joking that we should go in and ask for the price on a set of Christian twin brothers, 6'4, dark hair, dark eyes, athletic build....hahaha Priceless. ;-P
Back to the coffee shop for one final latte. Now we're onto New Hampshire, with plenty of exciting stops along the way! We plan on staying the night with Em's aunt...popping our Jiffy Pop in the fireplace, renting a movie, and just vegging out for the night......after showers. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment